Living with toddlers is one of the best things I’ve ever experienced. But, at times, it can be quite stressful. As a stay at home mom, I seem to get stressed a lot! From doing the finances, to dealing with toddler meltdowns, life can be pretty crazy.
While, I love my life, I have had to learn ways, other than yelling, to deal with stress. Here are ways I handle stress and give myself a bit of “me” time throughout the day:
- Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea – I love tea, but until recently, I never knew tea could be so soothing. The Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea smells amazing and, thanks to the chamomile, allows me to relax.
- Bath Time – This really only works when the hubby gets home, but being able to take a 20 minute, soothing and relaxing bath – all by myself, helps put myself into a less stressed place.
- Playtime – Sometimes when the children are being extremely stressful, or I get frustrated with the bills or something, I sometimes just stop everything I am doing and have a special, crazy playtime with the kids. Whether we just do tickle wars or run around the house playing hide and seek, sometimes just seeing my children’s smiley faces is enough to put me in a good mood.
- Clean – I may be crazy, but sometimes when things are really stressful, I feel better cleaning. After all, a clean house is a happy house and clutter has been associated with depression.
- Go for a Ride – Finally, as a last result – especially if the kids have been super crazy, I like to just go for a ride. Although, it takes some time to get the children ready, they are usually a lot calmer in the car and sometimes I even get a few minutes of peace and quiet if they fall asleep.
That’s how I manage stress, I would love to hear (in the comment section) about how you manage stress!