It’s been kind of cool here in Western Maryland, lately. Cold weather always makes me think about soup and one recipe I love is Mama’s Homemade Vegetarian Minestrone Recipe. It’s got just the right amount of simple ingredients; it’s vegetarian and it can be made in just under 35 minutes in an instant pot. And, fun fact, it’s not actually my mama’s recipe, it’s my delicious take on my mama’s homemade minestrone soup.
This soup recipe is one of my go-to recipes for cold days because it is so easy to make and it taste so good. I like to serve it with hot dinner rolls, fresh from the oven, but you can really serve this with anything. If you need something a little less vegetarian, this recipe goes well with pot roast.
Make Mama’s Homemade Vegetarian Minestrone
Mama’s Homemade Vegetarian Minestrone Recipe
This delicious soup is a family favorite. Completely vegetarian, combine it with soft, buttery rolls and its a dinner the whole family will love.
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots, Sliced Thin (Can use more, if desired)
- 1 Cup Celery, Sliced Thin
- 1 Can Kidney Beans (Use regular sized can)
- 1 Can Black Beans (Use regular sized can)
- 1 32 FL OZ Vegetable Broth
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (Use 28 oz can)
- Shredded Cheese (As desired)
- 1 Box Bowtie Noodles (Any noodles will work )
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (for topping)
Combine all items into Instant Pot cooker
Cook for 35 minutes.
Serve and top with shredded cheese and cilantro, as desired
This homemade minestrone recipe is great for gatherings and family dinners.
Share this recipe with friends and family by pinning the image below.