Ask anyone what their favorite Disney movie is and I bet they can tell you without hesitation. That’s because Disney has been making quality family movies for years. Movies that have made us cry, laugh, dream and become stronger people.
Now Disney is bringing our favorite movies back to life in Jazz Loves Disney. Featuring classics like; You’ve Got a Friend in Me and When You Wish Upon a Star, [amazon_textlink asin=’B01M6X5XKI’ text=’Jazz Loves Disney’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’cryscard-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f8feec08-fbad-11e8-87b6-cb8e2cb426c7′] gives a jazzy twist on all of our favorites.
Jazz Loves Disney is a truly special album. I used to sing these songs as a kid and now, my children are singing every word, too.
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
What Nikki Yanofsky is saying about Jazz Loves Disney:
“Disney represents my childhood and the way I grew up listening and watching the movies & I used to sing the songs being a kid, I loved it so much. It brings back some really good memories for me so it’s really cool to be part of this project and relive those moments
The Disney movie which affected me the most probably was the Aristocats, that movie was the first time I heard Jazz as a little kid, and I just remember loving the music so much, it was not the most popular movie when I was young but still my favorite one.
“Someday My Prince Will Come” comes from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I love that movie so much, all the different personalities…”
Jazz Loves Disney will be available November 18th, just in time for Christmas.
To purchase or learn more about Jazz Loves Disney, find it on Itunes and Amazon.