Can you believe that football season is almost here? I know my boys are pretty excited this year to watch their favorite teams, so what better way to celebrate with them than with Twinkies.
Twinkies are so delicious and now Hostess has put a new twist on our favorite snack with flavors like; chocolate, fudge covered, and even – Cotton Candy!
For football-inspired Twinkies, I decided to use the least amount of products as possible — the new Twist On Twinkies made that easy!
For the football Twinkies, I used the Fudge Covered Twinkies because they were already covered in chocolate coating and for the field goal Twinkies, I used a box of Chocolate Cake Twinkies.
While you don’t have to freeze your Twinkies before starting, I recommend putting them in the freezer for a cool chill to make them firmer and easier to decorate.
Creating the Football-Inspired Twinkies
To create the footballs yourself, you will need just 2 items:
- Fudge Covered Twinkies
- White Cake Icing (I used the premade squeeze bottle kind)
Steps for Recreating the Football Twinkie
- On a plate, lay your Twinkie flat side down.
- Use the cake icing to draw 2 vertical lines (1 towards each end of the Twinkie)
- Make a horizontal line (not touching the two vertical lines) in the middle of your Twinkie
- Put 3 smaller vertical lines through your horizontal line
- You should now have a football-looking Twinkie!
Field Goal Twinkies
The field goal Twinkies required a bit more work and an extra ingredient, but they are so worth it!
What You Will Need
- Box of Chocolate Cake Twinkies
- White Cake Icing
- Green Candy Melts
- Sandwich Bag
Recreating Field Goal Twinkies
- Lay your Chocolate Cake Twinkies flat side down on a plate or pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt your green candy melts until they are all soft.
- Pour your melted candy melts in your sandwich bag, then make a small cut at corner bottom of the bag – here is a tutorial to help.
- Using the icing in your sandwich bag, frost the top of the Twinkie.
- Chill the frosted Twinkies in the freezer until icing is hard.
- When icing is hard, add field goals to the top using white cake icing.
- Your Twinkies should now look like field goals and are ready to eat!
Now that you have your football-inspired Twinkies, be sure to share them! And, remember if you mess up, most Twinkies come in boxes of 8 or more!
To learn about the new Twist On Twinkies, check out Hostess Snacks Facebook page.
Be sure to follow #TwistOnTwinkies for more Twinkie-Inspired ideas.