Summer is hot and if you’re like us, you’re probably searching for a way to cool off and a better way to enjoy the sun; that’s why the Yough River Lake in Addison/Confluence Pennsylvania is a must see on your next vacation up north.
Here are 5 reasons you should visit the Yough Lake this Summer:
1. Nestled in the beautiful Laurel Highlands, the Yough River Lake offers one of the most beautiful views of any nearby lake and allows you to enjoy everything nature has to offer including; birds, deer and other wildlife.
2. Your best camping experience; Yough River Lake offers three locations for camping and each site ranges in ammenties that are more modern or completely backwoods camping experience.
3. Swimming, on a hot summer day the Yough River Lake’s greenish-blue water looks extremely inviting. Cool off at a dedicated swimming area in Confluence, PA that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy. Costing just $1 a person (12+) or $4* a car, the Yough River Lake is one of the area’s most affordable swimming areas.
4. Fishing, the Yough River Lake is one of the only areas in Pennsylvania that offers trout fishing year round (except for 2 weeks), combine that with the numerous coves and backwater areas and there’s no doubt the Yough River Lake is any angler’s dream fishing spot.
5. Boating, with 16-miles of chanels one-half a mile wide, the Yough River Lake is one of the best powerboating areas in Southwestern, Pennsylvania.
6. Picnicking, having a lunch at the Yough River Lake is like getting a v.i.p seating at a new fancy restaurant. The Yough River Lake offers lakeside eating, lots of tables and 4 different picnic areas.
7. The Yough River Lake has a lot of great history. A man-made lake in 1938, the Yough River Lake was created as part of the Flood Control Act of 1938 to provide flood protection to the lower Mongohelia River Valleys and upper Ohio River; since it’s been completed, the Yough has saved an estimated $569 million in flood damages.
Tell me where is your family’s favorite lake?
*prices are subject to change, please check ahead.