Today, I officially celebrate my last birthday in my 20’s. ugh… I’m so not sure how I feel about almost being 30. It literally seems like yesterday I was aching to turn 18 and now I’m turning 29, where does the time go?
In my 29 years, I have been fortunate to experience so many things. I’ve given birth to three amazing kids, celebrated 10 years of wedding bliss, and gave my life to God (twice). I have learned so many life lessons over my last 29 years, that I couldn’t think of a better post to write on my 29th birthday than to share those life lessons with you.
29 Life Lessons I’ve Learned in 29 Years
1. Things aren’t always what they seem.
2. Money comes and goes but good friends and family will always be there for you.
3. Family means more than anything.
4. God can really change your life.
5. Spend time with the people you love while you have them.
6. Embarrassing things happen. Laugh them off and get over it.
7. Don’t hold grudges.
8. Sometimes the happiest people are the loneliness.
9. Forgive often.
10. Pray always.
11. A little bit of faith can go a long way.
12. No matter how bad you have it, someone else always has it worse.
13. You’re not invincible.
14. Live for today because God never promised you tomorrow.
15. God will never give you more than you can handle. (1 Corinthians 10:3)
16. Helping someone who needs it, feels good. No matter how much you don’t want to help someone, just do it, you’ll be glad you did later.
17. The Bible is filled with many life lessons and the key to happiness. Read it often and study it.
18. Life is full of pain and hurt, it’s our job to be the sunshine in the rain.
19. It’s not always about you.
20. Your parents miss you more than you think. Visit them often. Call when you can’t.
21. Kids are the best gift from God.
22. The devil can perform miracles too. (Matthew 24:24)
23. Life isn’t fair.
24. You never know what someone else goes through every day.
25. All good things eventually end.
26. Life is better when you have a partner by your side.
27. Money would make life easier, but it can’t buy happiness.
28. Life goes way too fast. Spend more time living and less time worrying.
29. If you get the opportunity to do a once in a lifetime thing, do it. If you don’t you may regret it forever.
Pin this post for later: