A few months ago, my husband and I made the decision to put our house up on the market. At first, we tried listing it ourselves, but things were a little slower than we liked, so we took the leap and listed it with a realtor. Had my husband and I had the patience, these 5 awesome sites would have made selling our house easier and left us with more money in our pockets.
1. Facebook. Just like the Facebook yard sale groups, there are now sell your house on your own type groups. If you can’t find a group that suit your needs, consider posting a plea to your Facebook friends and family asking for lots of shares and likes on your home listing, this will increase your home’s reach and hopefully find you a potential buyer even sooner.
2. Zillow. This is one of my favorite and most exciting options because I use it all the time. While I haven’t found a way to submit my home on other realtor websites, I have had luck with posting my house on Zillow and the best part its all FREE! If you are not familiar with Zillow, just know your house will get a ton of exposure because Zillow is one of the most widely used realtor apps/websites available.
3. Classified sites – websites like Craigslist, Ebay Classifieds and local classifieds are great for listing homes and are also FREE. One thing you should keep in mind for is scams; DO NOT ever invite someone to your house without getting additional information, as these sites can be very dangerous.*
4. Homebuyer.com. I haven’t heard of this one before today, but I did list my home with this site and the process was painless. This website does seem to have a widespread audience, so it may or may not help – but I figure any exposure is better than none, so it’s worth a try.
5. Forsalebyowner.com. My husband and I actually found our current home on this website and it is one of the top websites used for selling your house on your own. This website is not one of those sites that you can sell your house for free, although, they do feature a 7-day free trail, so I thought it was worth mentioning. If you are serious about selling your house, this website will probably get you the most exposure and for a one-time fee, you get some of the same services that realtors offer.
*This article is written for entertainment purposes only and all suggestions are purely suggestions. I claim no liability to the effects this sites have on selling your home. Please consult a real estate professional for professional advice.
*Please always use caution when meeting people from online websites.